[Owncloud] Discussions on the ML (was: Upgraded to Owncloud 5...)

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Thu Mar 21 12:46:58 UTC 2013

Hey Diederik

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM, Diederik de Haas <didi.debian at cknow.org>wrote:

> Which is why I find it rather strange that lately a lot of times the (only)
> response someone is getting to a question they ask on this ML is:
> "Please file an issue on github"

That’s because we use Github for issue tracking. Problems should be
reported there, not posted here to the mailing list. It’s very simple, but
we often see issues reported here so we just keep it very brief in saying
»please report this on Github«.

So in short: If you have an issue, don’t send it to this mailing list, but
look if that issue is already reported on Github. If yes, confirm it and
provide more info. If not, open a new one with info on your setup, version,
browser, and ideally some error logs.

Thanks!