[Owncloud] Discussions on the ML

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Mar 21 16:12:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 04:43:02PM +0100, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> On Thursday 21 March 2013 15:03:59 Thomas Gries wrote:
> > Am 21.03.2013 14:52, schrieb Jan-Christoph Borchardt:
> > > Tornóci, Chris, [added: Tom],
> > >
> > > don’t worry about feeling stupid. File all issues you have on Github,
> > > even if you might think it’s not an issue. Other users will/should
> > > give their feedback over there also. It’s not just for developers.
> >
> > +1
> > Thank you for this clear statement.
>
> Let me elaborate on that: Please don't use the isue tracker for asking
> questions about how to do what, unless it's clearly a usability issue which
> should be solved. Use http://forum.owncloud.org/ for that - the users are
> generally  very knowledgeable and  helpful. If you don't get an answer there
> *then* file an issue.

Sorry, but there's no way I'm going to use the forum for anything.  Web
forums are pretty much useless for me.  There are two major reasons:-

    I'm on about 60 mailing lists, if these were all forums I'd spend
    all of my time opening and closing web sites, logging in, etc.  With
    a mailing list (or newsgroup) all of my list messages arrive in one
    place and I can read/ignore them all very quickly.

    I have to learn lots of different editing interfaces if I use
    forums, with E-Mail (or newsgroup) I get to use the *same* editor
    for every group and can thus edit/reply efficiently.

--
Chris Green