[Owncloud] Discussions on the ML

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Mar 21 16:23:07 UTC 2013

On Thursday 21 March 2013 16:12:37 Chris Green wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 04:43:02PM +0100, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> > Let me elaborate on that: Please don't use the isue tracker for asking
> > questions about how to do what, unless it's clearly a usability issue
> > which
> > should be solved. Use http://forum.owncloud.org/ for that - the users are
> > generally  very knowledgeable and  helpful. If you don't get an answer
> > there *then* file an issue.
>
> Sorry, but there's no way I'm going to use the forum for anything.  Web
> forums are pretty much useless for me.  There are two major reasons:-

Personally I'm fine with people asking questions on the mailing  list. As you
wrote some people like - even prefer - forums, so the load on the mailing list
is not as high as it used to be.
I feel the same about web forums, but they can be very useful for searching
for solutions/answers, so before asking, it is a good idea to search for the
answer first :)

--
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen

Thomas Tanghus