[Owncloud] Repeating events in Calendar - how to and, is the manual correct?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Mar 21 13:36:14 UTC 2013

I'm running owncloud 5.0 on my xubuntu 12.10 system.

In the manual it says:-

    With the advanced options you can set the description, the location
    and the repetition rate of an event. If the repeating should end you
    can choose between setting the end by date or by occurrences. If you
    choose in the weekview all days from Monday to Friday it will
    automatically set the repeat rule to “every weekday”. If the
    interval of the weekview can be devided by two it automatically set
    the repeat rule to “Bi-Weekly”.

But in reality there's a "Repeating" tab which allows on to set all the
simpler repeating events.

However I'm a bit confused by the "Advanced" tab in the Repeating
section.  What does the "interval" mean?  If I say repeat Monthly by
monthday what does the Interval do?  Is it a count of months, or days,
or what?

... and finally is there any way to specify an event that happens on the
last day of every month (quite common, my VAT return does that)?

--
Chris Green