[Owncloud] debian package

jiun bookworm thebookworm101 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 08:05:12 UTC 2013

Tom,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller at tmit.eu>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There are already a lot of Debian and Ubuntu packages out there.
> You can have a look how they are doing it:
>
> ownCloud maintained OBS packaging:
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/subprojects?project=isv%3AownCloud

the rules/control files i showed are from the cloud maintained packaging:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=owncloud-client&project=isv%3AownCloud%3Adevel
there's the debian.tar.gz
so im scratching my head as to why mine is not building both targets.

this is nice, im usually here from time to time,  @thehandler

> Debian packaging:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-owncloud/owncloud-client.git;a=summary
> Get in touch with us on IRC #debian-owncloud at DebianIRC

i dont think i'v been here before,

> Please allow me to ask why you want to build your own package?
> Join the packaging teams and contribute!

Im basically a newbie at packaging and i'v been experimenting with various
stuff ( i tried to recreate the self extracting script for linux)
so its mostly trying reproduce/curiosity thats driving me at the moment, in
addition to the fact that i will learn something!
in principle i'd love to contribute if there's a place im qualified/useful.

THX,