[Owncloud] OC5 on IIS and file uploads

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Thu Mar 14 15:42:09 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, dem 14.03.2013 um 16:32 schrieb Dr. Hirn:
> Hi,
>
> strange behavior when uploading files to OC5 on IIS7.5. Looks like
> (some) spaces in filenames are changed to a minus, others get deleted.

This is part of the filename conversion in order to ensure UTF-8 and
case sensitive characters to work properly. There is a database table to
map these file names back an forth.

> Unfortunately the "." before the file extension get's converted to.

Not nice I know - but not really an issue - will be fixed soon.

> So, when trying to upload:
> "Pell, Axel Rudi - 05 - Tearin' Out My Heart.mp3"
> it is renamed to:
> "pell-axel-rudi-05-tearin-out-my-heart-mp3"
> in local filesystem.
>
> When I download this file from OC, filename is ok again. But the
> music-app doesn't seem to recognize it as music-file and doesn't show
> it.
>
> I'm not sure, if this is intended. Is it?

The conversion is intended as described above.
The media play has not yet been tested on Windows server.

Please have a look at the error log and report issues to the github bug tracker:
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

> Can't reproduce this behavior on Debian.

Quite natural - linux is supported from day one - windows server actually since OC5. ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Tom