[Owncloud] OC5 on IIS and file uploads

Dr. Hirn drhirn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 15:32:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

strange behavior when uploading files to OC5 on IIS7.5. Looks like
(some) spaces in filenames are changed to a minus, others get deleted.
Unfortunately the "." before the file extension get's converted to.

So, when trying to upload:
"Pell, Axel Rudi - 05 - Tearin' Out My Heart.mp3"
it is renamed to:
"pell-axel-rudi-05-tearin-out-my-heart-mp3"
in local filesystem.

When I download this file from OC, filename is ok again. But the
music-app doesn't seem to recognize it as music-file and doesn't show
it.

I'm not sure, if this is intended. Is it?

Can't reproduce this behavior on Debian.

Thx
Stefan