[Owncloud] Contacts field formatting - Names and postal addresses in particular

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Mar 9 16:11:59 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 02:36:17PM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
> Name fields:-
>
> I would *really* prefer to be able to sort on last/family name.  It
> seems as if owncloud sorts on the display name and doesn't offer any
> alternative.
>
> In addition it would be useful if the name editing was more explicit
> about how display name, given name and family name are handled.
>
> What is one expected to do for business names?

It actually seems rather more broken than I thought.

If you simply enter a name in the "Enter name" box then *all* of it gets
put into Last Name/Family Name in the vCard - this is plain wrong.  If
you then synchronise this with another program that does things right it
all gets very confusing.

--
Chris Green