[Owncloud] Contacts field formatting - Names and postal addresses in particular

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Mar 9 14:36:17 UTC 2013

I have been merging various address lists I have into my owncloud
contacts.  In the process of doing this I have found a few (minor)
issues.  Before I raise a bug/enhancement I thought I would ask about
them here.

Name fields:-

I would *really* prefer to be able to sort on last/family name.  It
seems as if owncloud sorts on the display name and doesn't offer any
alternative.

In addition it would be useful if the name editing was more explicit
about how display name, given name and family name are handled.

What is one expected to do for business names?

Address fields:-

By this I mean postal address.  The formatting is a bit 'European' (or
maybe American) and doesn't work well for UK addresses.  Firstly in the
UK we have a *lot* of places/addresses where the 'Street Address' needs
more than one line, for example our garage is:-

    Street Garage, Grove Farm,
    Chapel Lane, Bucklesham,
    IPSWICH
    Suffolk
    IP10 0BS

So one really needs two lines of 'Address' and in addition we tend to
put the PostCode after everything else.

--
Chris Green