[Owncloud] Groupmanagment in OC

Andreas Hechenberger oc at hechenberger.me
Fri Mar 8 11:04:36 UTC 2013

Hey Owncloud dev's and community,

I use OC since it was first developed and I continued to love it.
Thanks for the great work to all of the participants who made this possible.

The administrators in my university are, similar to me, very pleased
with the OC and they have thought of setting it up for the students at
the university as well.
Although the OC is great, one vital feature is still missing. They would
like to enable users the management of their own groups to allow the
share with users in OC. Furthermore, another feature missing is still in
mind but it is a little too complicated to describe at the moment. The
focus relies more importantly on the previously mention feature
concerning the OC groups.

I decided to take this lack of available feature as part of an
opportunity to give something
back to the community, as well as Owncloud.

My question is: How can I make that happen?
Should I consider programming a 3rdparty App?
How can i get to the standard app repository, or is there another way
that you would suggest to consider?
I also want to maintain this project as long as I can.

I know some people are working in Berlin and maybe we can meet for a
beer or coffee :) and talk about some possibilities.

Servus,
Andy

PS: sorry for my bad English :S