[Owncloud] Groupmanagment in OC

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Fri Mar 8 11:29:36 UTC 2013

Hi Andreas,

thanks for the suggestion. I'm not aware of anyone working on that feature. But this can be done of course but it's probably not a small taks. :-)

I suggest to implement a new usermanagement groups backend that provides that feature. You can have a look at the ldap group integration for inspiration: https://github.com/owncloud/core/tree/master/apps/user_ldap

You can develop this new app in your personal git repo or in the ownCloud apps repo if you want more eyeballs and help from others. I can give you access if you send me your github username.

We have a few people from Berlin. So a small meetup is a good idea. :-)

Frank