[Owncloud] What is clientsync?

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 19:41:01 UTC 2013

On 25/01/13 18:17, Daniel Molkentin wrote:

> Restricting the sync to the "/clientsync" directory is a default
> behavior we are going to change soon. There were many reasons for this
> in the past, but it's probably not apt anymore. However, you can
> chance this by removing the current folder sync in the status dialog,
> and then immediately re-adding it, but without specifying a directory
> on the sever.
>
>> When I set up owncloud-client I didn't enter clientsync into the
>> path, or see it mentioned anywhere.

OK. If it's default, I'll leave it be. It doesn't matter one way or
another. Now my ownCloud server has one (outdated) copy of my files in
the root, and a fresh copy in /clientsync. I want to delete the outdated
files in the root. Is it safe to delete them from the web interface
without affecting the contents of /clientsync?

> Unless you built ownCloud Client yourself with special options, I
> serously doubt that. You probably had played around with the folder
> configuration when you installed it first.

I did indeed play around with ownCloud client quite a bit when I was
first experimenting. I probably changed something there. Thanks for
clearing it up - I think I understand now.

Cheers,
Jonathan