[Owncloud] wedav client sync with a twist

hard islander hardislander at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:21:47 UTC 2013

Hello all,

I was wondering whether anyone could point us in the correct direction
as to which files needs to be edited to achieve the following
behaviour.

We would like to modify owncloud for our situation (we have
categorised our users in two groups, Group 1 and Group 2) when syncing
using a webdav client as follows:

(i) Group 1 users should be able to upload or create files/folders
anywhere including the root folder

(ii) Group 2 users should not be able to upload or create
files/folders in their root folder. They can only upload or create
files/folders in the shared folder (i.e files/folders being shared
with them by users from Group 2). May be we can achieve this by
showing only the shared folder to Group 2 users when they sync using a
webdav client?

We were able to achieve the above behaviour for the web interface.
However, we are having issues to pinpoint which files in particular
are used for controlling access/permissions when a webdav client is
being used, which we could modify to achieve the above behaviour.

Please let me know if you require more information.

S.