[Owncloud] Owncloud not working reliably

Jonathan Gazeley Jonathan.Gazeley at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 09:31:10 UTC 2013

Hi list,

I've been using Owncloud for a while on Fedora but I find it's not too
reliable, and I wonder if I'm doing something wrong.

Server: Fedora 17, owncloud-2012.4-49.1
Client: Fedora 18, owncloud-client-1.2.0-2.1

On the client, sync always says it is running no files have been copied
to the server for a while. The new detailed sync summary in 1.2.0 (nice
work, I like it) shows 0 for each file count. I've tried the obvious
steps for restarting the server and the client and nothing kicks it into
life.

There's nothing in the server's apache error log. I wasn't able to find
a log file on the client; is there one?

I did notice that the MySQL database on the server is working pretty
hard all the time, and nothing is using except owncloud. Could this be a
bottleneck? It's not maxed out, but it does seem to simply that owncloud
is at least hitting the database.

I don't know much about how owncloud works - is there a troubleshooting
guide so I can get a firm diagnosis of the problem and post back here
with more info?

Cheers,
Jonathan