[Owncloud] External Calendar Import in Calendar App on the Road Map?

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Fri Jan 25 08:33:25 UTC 2013

On 01/25/2013 12:01 AM, Mark - Syminet wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2013, at 7:18 AM, Tobias Aichele <tobias.aichele at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> i'm using owncloud only for my calendar and contact synchronisation.
>> I wish, i could import external calendars to my owncloud calendar.
>> For example an google calendar.
>>
>> Plus it would be great, if I could sync the imported calendar on my iPhone via the primary calendar sync link.
>
> You can export from another calendar app as an .ics file and then import that file into
> your owncloud.  But if you mean using owncloud as a viewer for calendars hosted
> elsewhere I don't think that is currently possible (?) - and it would seem to sort of defeat
> the purpose of owncloud anyway (to own/control your own data).

OC works also as a file proxy, i.e. there is a possibility to mount
GoogleDrive, Dropbox external storage services. So why not do the same
thing with external calendars? I am not the person to tell what is "the
purpose" of OC, or what defeats its purpose, but I don't see any harm in
implementing the idea. The more flexible OC is, the more people will use it.
						Yours: Laszlo