[Owncloud] External Calendar Import in Calendar App on the Road Map?

Mark - Syminet mark at syminet.com
Thu Jan 24 23:01:15 UTC 2013

On Jan 24, 2013, at 7:18 AM, Tobias Aichele <tobias.aichele at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i'm using owncloud only for my calendar and contact synchronisation.
> I wish, i could import external calendars to my owncloud calendar.
> For example an google calendar.
>
> Plus it would be great, if I could sync the imported calendar on my iPhone via the primary calendar sync link.

You can export from another calendar app as an .ics file and then import that file into
your owncloud.  But if you mean using owncloud as a viewer for calendars hosted
elsewhere I don't think that is currently possible (?) - and it would seem to sort of defeat
the purpose of owncloud anyway (to own/control your own data).

So it would seem the best approach would be to export your outside calendars as .ics
files, and then import them into your owncloud.  Once complete, forget about xyz third
party $cloud_service and just use your owncloud for your owncalendars.  :-)

iPhone will then sync just fine too of course, via CalDAV.

Best -

--
Mark