[Owncloud] Group Quota possible?

Tornóci László tornoci.laszlo at med.semmelweis-univ.hu
Sun Jan 20 12:27:19 UTC 2013

On 01/19/2013 10:30 PM, Patrik Karisch wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> is there any possibility that group quotas will be implemented in the
> near future of releases?
>
> I mean instead of assign quota to users one by one, I can assign a quota
> to a group and all users in this group get this quota assigned.
>
> Best regards
> Patrik

I think what you suggest is not group quota, but a default user quota
that applies for a group of users. Group quota means the sum of all
storage allocated by all members of a group cannot exceed a certain value.
As far as I know, there is only a global default for users quota. If you
have lots of users, you could consider using the LDAP backend. With a
bit of work, you can then do all quota management in LDAP in any way you
like.

					Yours: Laszlo