[Owncloud] Improving Calender Feature of Owncloud

Georg Ehrke oc.list at georgehrke.com
Sat Jan 12 22:39:45 UTC 2013

Hi Visitha,

On Jan 11, 2013, at 4:30 AM, Visitha Baddegama <visithauom at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am an undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and Engineering of University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Group of us are improving owncloud features as our department project. Some of our group members improving functionality of message app and me and another member are working with calender app. Up to now, we have added a feature to the calender app and message app.
That's great!

> Calender app feature is when some one share a file, an email will be sent to the all shared people with all shared event details. We have finished it successfully and now we are working to give options to shared people which can accept or reject that shared event. As an example, if a person share a meeting event,then he can know the number of people who are going to participate for the meeting and who are not. And please tell us any new feature we should add to the calender feature and improvements of implemented feature. Your valuable ideas are highly appreciated.
Can you please create a pull request in the apps repo. I would really like to see this awesome feature.

> And now we are going to considering how to limit a user can download a shared file. We thought to give a maximum number like three which a user can download that file and he can't when the limit is exceeded. Please give your ideas about how to implement that feature too.
>
> Our ultimate goal is to do synchronization between two ownclouds. We will use TAPER to synchronize files between own clouds.
The best way to collaborate with the ownCloud core developers is to open an issue in our bug tracker and to share your ideas about the feature and implementation.
Please use the following bug trackers:
https://github.com/ownCloud/core/issues?state=open - ownCloud Core, Files App, File Sharing …
https://github.com/ownCloud/apps/issues?state=open - Apps like calendar and message app