[Owncloud] Improving Calender Feature of Owncloud

Visitha Baddegama visithauom at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:30:08 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am an undergraduate of Department of Computer Science and Engineering of
University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. Group of us are improving owncloud
features as our department project. Some of our group members improving
functionality of message app and me and another member are working with
calender app. Up to now, we have added a feature to the calender app and
message app.

Calender app feature is when some one share a file, an email will be sent
to the all shared people with all shared event details. We have finished it
successfully and now we are working to give options to shared people which
can accept or reject that shared event. As an example, if a person share a
meeting event,then he can know the number of people who are going to
participate for the meeting and who are not. And please tell us any new
feature we should add to the calender feature and improvements of
implemented feature. Your valuable ideas are highly appreciated.

And now we are going to considering how to limit a user can download a
shared file. We thought to give a maximum number like three which a user
can download that file and he can't when the limit is exceeded. Please give
your ideas about how to implement that feature too.

Our ultimate goal is to do synchronization between two ownclouds. We will
use TAPER to synchronize files between ownclouds.

Thank you..!!

--
Visitha Warna Baddegama
Undergraduate