[Owncloud] CalDAV / CardDAV with IPhone 5

Christian Pfarr webmaster at itnoobz.org
Thu Jan 10 08:19:58 UTC 2013

I found some issues.

trying to connect
http://demo.owncloud.org/remote.php/caldav/principals/test [8]/ [8]
works, but the port is automatically switched to 8008. This Port is
locked on my own Server because of my firewall. Why does Iphone 5 using
this Port? On http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629?viewlocale=en_GB [9] if
found:

 		8008
 		TCP
 		iCal service
 		-
 		http-alt
 		Mac OS X
Server v10.5 and later

trying to connect
http://demo.owncloud.org/remote.php/carddav/principals/test [10]/ [10]
doesnt work until now. The Port wont be set automatically and i tried
the Ports from http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629?viewlocale=en_GB [9].

 		8800
 		TCP
 		Address Book service
 		-
 		sunwebadmin
 		Mac OS X
Server v10.6 and later

 		8843
 		TCP
 		Address Book service (SSL)

		-
 		-
 		Mac OS X Server v10.6 and later

both dont work.
Any ideas?

> I have iPhone 5 and it has been working perfectly here for months.
This is on Ubuntu Quantal vanilla install, owncloud installed by hand
4.5.1a.

> In the iPhone settings for Calendar I put only the domain
for "Server". The URLs is under "Advanced Settings":

https://example.com/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/principals/admin [6]

https://example.com/owncloud/remote.php/carddav/principals/admin [7]

> These URLs are identical to the ones provided in the owncloud web
interface. I might try upgrading today, will post back here if anything
breaks.

<webmaster at itnoobz.org> wrote:

>> its automatically added and i cant
delete it in the iphone config.

>> Did anyone have the same
Problem, or even has an Iphone 5 that works?

18:54, schrieb Michael Göhler:

>>> Hi.
>>>
>>> Did you make the
trailing slash in your config, or is it automatically added?
>>> I dont
have it in my phones account settings.

<webmaster at itnoobz.org>:

> [...]
(GNU/Linux 3.2.0-35-generic x86_64)

2.2.22-1ubuntu1

5.5.22-0ubuntu1

admin [09/Jan/2013:17:27:36 +0100] "PROPFIND
/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/principals/admin/ HTTP/1.1" 207 1112 "-"
"iOS/6.0.2 (10A551) Preferences/1.0"
[09/Jan/2013:17:27:36 +0100] "OPTIONS
/owncloud/remote.php/caldav/principals/admin/ HTTP/1.1" 200 306 "-"
"iOS/6.0.2 (10A551) Preferences/1.0"

at this time.

logs.

schrieb webmaster:

> [...]
serveradress doesnt help. I tried creating a fresh Owncloud
Installation, creating the admin-user and trying to connect via CardDAV
and CalDAV. At both, CardDAV and CalDAV i get the response: _Connection
over SSL impossible - like attempting to set up the account without
SSL?_ I accept and try to connect without SSL. I change the Port to 80
and i get the response: _Account information could not be verified._ My
Owncloud Version is 4.5.5 My Iphone 5 uses iOS 6.0.2 Does have anyone
any idea what the problem could be? CardDAV works fine via roundcube
plugin over SSL! -- Freundliche Grüße Webmaster von ITNoobz.org [1] [4]
(Christian Pfarr) E-Mail: webmaster at itnoobz.org Internet:
http://www.itnoobz.org [2][4] Hinweis: Diese E-Mail und/oder die Anhänge
sind vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten
bestimmt. Die Weitergabe oder Kopieren dieser E-Mail ist strengstens
verboten. Wenn Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren
Sie bitte unverzüglich den Absender und vernichten Sie die Nachricht und

http://owncloud.org/support/synchronisation/ios/ [3][1]

https://(Port 443) and http://(Port 80) and without any prefix. Hello. I
had the same problem. Have you tried turning off and on your iPhone? :-)
Greetings, Tobi _______________________________________________ Owncloud
http://blog.tobis-bu.de/2012/05/25/owncloud-und-die-ios-synchronisation/

Links:
------