[Owncloud] user_external documentation and error

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Sat Jan 5 19:25:29 UTC 2013

Hi Christoph,

On 01/05/2013 06:30 PM, Christoph Jaehnigen wrote:
> I'm trying to get the SMB authentication using the user_external app
> working. Here are some issues I came across:
>
> The documentation at
> http://owncloud.org/support/custom-user-configuration/ is partly
> faulty:
>
> a) The sentence "Currently the “External user support” (user_external)
> app supports the provides the following user backends:" has 2 verbs in
> it.
>
> b) In the SMB section the example has the wrong name for the class.
>
> c) In the FTP section the class name is wrong, but correct in the example.

It would be nice if you could submit this as a patch at

https://github.com/owncloud/documentation/blob/stable45/admin_manual/custom_user_backend.rst

The new documentation is at
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/4.5/developer_manual/, and all pull
requests will show up there about five minutes after the PR has been
approved. We already changed the /support and /dev sections and will
also reroute the actual articles shortly.