[Owncloud] user_external documentation and error

Christoph Jaehnigen nuabaranda at web.de
Sat Jan 5 17:30:17 UTC 2013

I'm trying to get the SMB authentication using the user_external app
working. Here are some issues I came across:

The documentation at
http://owncloud.org/support/custom-user-configuration/ is partly
faulty:

a) The sentence "Currently the “External user support” (user_external)
app supports the provides the following user backends:" has 2 verbs in
it.

b) In the SMB section the example has the wrong name for the class.

c) In the FTP section the class name is wrong, but correct in the example.

In general, how can one provide corrections or extensions to the
Documentation Centre? Shouldn't that be a more open Wiki?

But anyway, I can't get the SMB auth working. The debugging output
just gives me "User backend OC_User_SMB not found". I'm running
OwnCloud 4.5.5 on PHP 5.3.3.

Regards, Chris