[Owncloud] OwnCloud update instructions

Jimmy Liranzo jimmylir at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 07:14:17 UTC 2013

Hi Howard,

Note that I am not an OC expert but I will try to answer your questions the
best I can.
*Question: Backup of what, exactly?* You should always do a backup of your
database and data files even if you have done that 100 times in the past.

*Question: What permissions? *The permission you set initially when you
installed OC. Here is a link on how to install OC that could futher help
you with your permissions question:
http://doc.owncloud.org/server/4.5/admin_manual/installation.html#ubuntu-debianand
a simpler version for Ubuntu is here -->
http://forum.owncloud.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6713
*What files ? *The new upgrade files you just downloaded
*How do I do this ? *After you are done backing up your database and Data
files copy and paste your new upgrade files into your OC installation
directory
* How do I know that they are "correct" ?* If after you've done all the
steps below and you load your page and said upgrading your OC instance :)
is all a matter of testing it it does not hurt to try.