[Owncloud] edit svg

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Sat Aug 17 16:08:00 UTC 2013

Hey,

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Vieri <rentorbuy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Still have to learn a few things though, such as, why I don't get the same colors as in an svg when I export to png

That’s strange, should work. Exporting always works for me. Maybe
something strange is set in the export dialog?

> or (this is more an OC thing) why my IE8 browser doesn't display svg and what the pngs are for (if they should be loaded instead of the svgs if the browser doesn't support that format. My IE8 doesn't load any images but the html source refers to the svg files).

IE8 doesn’t display SVG because it just doesn’t support it. See
http://caniuse.com/#search=svg
That’s also pretty much the only reason why we use the PNG fallback
system at all. If you check out ownCloud with IE8, the SVG images
should automatically be replaced with the PNG versions and everything
should work.