[Owncloud] disappointed users

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Thu Aug 15 13:53:23 UTC 2013

Am Donnerstag, dem 15.08.2013 um 15:46 schrieb Chris:
> Hi,
>
> > On the other people with problems should help the
> > developers with good and detailed bug reports and
> > logfiles and description how to reproduce it.
>
> i think thats a huge problem at the moment:
>
> Often a user with a problem:
>
> 1. Creates an issue over at github completely ignoring
> the guidelines for contributing and/or the issue template
> 2. Posting just an "i have the same problem" and don't
> provide more infos or any needed infos at all
> 3. Thinks the community forums are the place to
> report bugs or to reach the developers
>
> I've seen many users posting their issues at the
> community forums but never answered on a
> request for more informations / logfiles or on
> the request to post their issue at the bugtracker.

In this case the forum moderators need to be more restrict and tell the users to
open issues on the bug tracker.

The forum is no bug reporting area - we developers generally speaking don't follow the forum.
(Just in case somebody is asking why: look at github - we have already plenty of jobs to do ;-) )

In addition I noticed that issues are actually transferred to github from the forum.
Bug thanks for this to RealRancor!

Thomas