[Owncloud] Hate to say it but . . .

Qingping Hou dave2008713 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 02:50:12 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Klaas Freitag <freitag at owncloud.com> wrote:
> What the client does in that case is to check if the file has still the same
> mtime local and remote. If it has, the files are considered the same. If
> not, a conflict file is generated. Unfortunately, two computers often have a
> time offset between each other. That is still not much of a problem, BUT if
> that time difference is not constant over time, it becomes more likely that
> wrong conflicts are generated. So a good hint is to keep times of all
> involved machines accurate by using ntp.

I see, thanks for the explanation :)

As Michael have pointed out above, I think it will be better to have a time sync
feature between client and oc server. It's ok for geeks to configure ntp
themselves, but that will make oc client not work out of box for non-geek users.

Or maybe have an alarm message popup when clients detects that they are out of
sync with OC server? Then users can adjust their system time accordingly.