[Owncloud] Hate to say it but . . .

hemathor hemathor at gmx.de
Fri Apr 26 10:58:41 UTC 2013

> Guys, are you really sure this happens when updating the client?

yes!

because of that issue i have added a cronjob 'find <path to owncloud data> -type f -name "*conflict*" -print' at both client and server and it mostly shows files after an update. a can assure you that!

> Or is it only that you check after updating it?

no, that's why added the above mentioned cronjob. to verify exactly that... ok, every now and then there are conflict files w/o an update, but when e.g. my laptop dies. then i get tons of conflict files w/o having touched any of the corresponding data files at all...

> The client does nothing special after an upgrade, so it would be a big surprise if the conflicts were upgrade-related.

that's why i am suprised, too. especially because i haven't even touched most of the files... ;)

> Also, it would be reproducible, but it isn't, at least for me.

neither for me... it happens every now and then, but i can never say when exactly... suddenly they're there and never go away...

e-mails are like postcards! everyone can read them...
for more information about encryption see:
- http://openpgp.org/
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_good_privacy (english)
- https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy (deutsch)