[Owncloud] Sip/ internet call field in contacts

bert at bertenselena.net bert at bertenselena.net
Mon Apr 22 14:12:12 UTC 2013

a écrit :

> [...]
seem to find it in the standard fields, but can I add a custom field
maybe?
>>> The web UI doesn't support it, but if you can add it from the
Android phone, it will store it just fine. I'd be interested in seeing
which format a sip entry is saved in.
>> According to
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4770 [1] , SIP can be stored as an IMPP
property, so by adding a SIP type, it could work.

> I had missed that
part - thanks :) Not sure if it's what Android uses for SIP
> calls
though, and adding support for non-standard properties like X-SIP or

whatever won't happen unless someone else does it.

file an issue at https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues and I
> will
add IMPP:sip to the next maintenance release.

> -- Med venlig hilsen
/ Best Regards Thomas Tanghus

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I
will file an issue tonight. Two things in advance though:

- I can not
add the SIP/"internet call" field on android. Although it is possible
for an ordinary google contact, it is not possible for a
owncloud/carddav contact

- I found an article about googles
implementation of the "internet call" field:
http://blog.careyhildebrand.com/2011/03/03/android-sip-call-contact-management-is-poor.
Not sure if it is relevant, but it looks like an educated review. It
also mentions RFC 4770.

Kind regards,

Bert Haverkamp

Links: