[Owncloud] Sip/ internet call field in contacts

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Apr 21 21:13:51 UTC 2013

On Sunday 21 April 2013 11:20 Nicolas Mora wrote:
> Le 2013-04-21 06:22, Thomas Tanghus a écrit :
> >> Is there a way to add such a contact field? I can't
> >> seem to find it in the standard fields, but can I add a custom field
> >> maybe?
> >
> > The web UI doesn't support it, but if you can add it from the Android
> > phone, it will store it just fine. I'd be interested in seeing which
> > format a sip entry is saved in.
>
> According to https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4770 , SIP can be stored as
> an IMPP property, so by adding a SIP type, it could work.

I had missed that part - thanks :) Not sure if it's what Android uses for SIP
calls though, and adding support for non-standard properties like X-SIP or
whatever won't happen unless someone else does it.

Bert, can you file an issue at https://github.com/owncloud/apps/issues and I
will add IMPP:sip to the next maintenance release.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus