[Owncloud] News app ready to test, we've gone alpha :)

Bernhard Posselt nukeawhale at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 14:00:30 UTC 2013

We did it :)

The app is ready to use and test for early testers. It would be *cool if
you could test the app* and open issues on github because I plan to
officially announce the release of the app a bit later so we dont run
into bad bugs. Concerning installation, check
https://github.com/owncloud/news#how-to-install-the-news-app

I dont think we should release packages for the alpha release btw
because i think that there may be more issues left and people can update
quite easily via git and test bugfixes. There will be packages for the
beta release though.

The beta release contains mainly small fixes (such as the subscribelet)
and code cleanup, see
https://github.com/owncloud/news/issues?milestone=3&state=open