[Owncloud] path of images in css not resolved correctly

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 14:06:40 UTC 2013

I need some help with debugging something annoying.
In the News app I don't see images whose urls are specified in the css.

For example, in the News app, I get this error in Firebug:
"NetworkError: 400 Bad Request -
http://localhost/news/css/%appswebroot%/news/img/add.svg"

The url of this svg is specified in a css file as:
background-image: url('%appswebroot%/news/img/add.svg');

Yes, I
- forced a reload in the browser, even with the reload-CSS add-on.
- tried another broswer: same problem
- do have the line 'define(DEBUG, true)' in config.php
- set all the permission of the folders correctly

Everything else works perfectly.
And I have already checked with Bernhard and Jan and they don't
experience this problem.
Any idea of what is messed up in my installation?
Where in core is the "%appswebroot%" specified?
I took a break from owncloud lately, so I might have missed that
something happened with respect to this.

Thank you,
Alessandro (zimba12)