[Owncloud] ownCloud Client Release 1.2.4

Jakub Moscicki Jakub.Moscicki at cern.ch
Fri Apr 12 15:39:41 UTC 2013

Hello,

While we are preparing proper bug reports (with logging and reproducers) I just wanted to add to this thread that we also see frequent  crashes of the 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 clients on redhat (which we admittedly compiled ourselves).  Additionally we see several other issues like Qt application making  the mouse focus disappear within the owncloud status window and 100% CPU consumption of the forked owncloud client process (occasional).

While Qt-app problems do not worry me too much, I am mostly concerned with the sync layer and more specifically potential data loss. We see various syncing problems (including files being deleted illegitimately). We start getting a feeling that maybe part of syncing problems are db dependant (we have been testing so far with MySQL with MyISAM and sqlite on the server).

Q1: Would we be better advised to use Postgres? Or MySQL with InnoDB?

Q2: What is the baseline client/server configuration used by the development team for testing ?

This is also to say that if someone in the community has automated test suits for the syncing client, please share. I mean end-to-end system testing of the sync layer.

Looking into the code I think that running the ocsync CLI client should be equivalent to Qt mirall client and should result in reproducing the same syncing behaviour.

Q3: Is this a correct assumption?

We would like to help community to improve stability of owncloud so please take this message in a positive way. It's meant like that.

Thank you for the effort to deliver this product, we really appreciate it.

kuba

--

On Apr 12, 2013, at 4:24 PM, Daniel Molkentin <danimo at owncloud.com<mailto:danimo at owncloud.com>>