[Owncloud] filescache concept for large sites

Craig Sawyer csawyer at yumaed.org
Fri Apr 12 14:05:59 UTC 2013

I'm not sure where putting them in their own sqlite DB will save you much,
since you still have OC clients checking in to the server all the time.

You will definitely need to build indexes against the queries coming in
from ownCloud-core. In my install, there is no indexes at all.  You might
need a few owncloud servers to handle the load I'm not sure.  I haven't
done any load testing, but it definitely seems to be IO intensivewhich
makes sense).  So you will want to put the file store on good fast disk,
etc.

I am very curious how your scale out goes, we aren't quite your size, and
have a much slower roll-out schedule, but so far we are handling the load
ok.  Since we don't have the resources to do extensive testing, we just
slowed the roll-out schedule down a lot, so we can test and monitor as we
roll-out and fix things as they come up. (we are rolling out about 1 user a
week right now).

-Craig