[Owncloud] Again and again: Version control when installing an app

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Apr 9 08:23:47 UTC 2013

Hello Bernhard,
thanks for taking a look...

On Monday 08 April 2013 14:12:43 Bernhard Posselt wrote:
> Can you tell me the exact versions in your info.xml and the version of
> owncloud that doesnt work?

I coded a "4.93" into the info.xml's 'require' tag. This is the result of many
trial and error attempts I went through when looking for a setting that at all
allowed to install an app into ownCloud-5 when the first RCs came out.

Apps with such setting cannot be activated in ownCloud-5.0.3 (current stable).
It might well be that the problem is the insane logic of how the 'require' tag
is evaluated. I simply do not know any more. Most likely I have to change all
apps again to 'require' version 5.0 now? Which obviously makes them unusable
in prior ownCloud versions again?

My apps are generally compatible and work fine in OC-4.0, OC-4.5 and OC-5.
However it is impossible to allow to activate them. Great protection.

;-)

Christian Reiner (arkascha)