[Owncloud] ldap groups in an addressbook

Nicolas Mora nicolas at babelouest.org
Wed Apr 3 13:40:03 UTC 2013

Le 03/04/2013 08:12, Arthur Schiwon a écrit :

> I did not go to deep into detail with your code, but I do not see any
> connection to user_ldap? Actually, I see you are doing the
> connections
> and things all by yourself, e.g. in
>
> https://github.com/babelouest/apps/blob/contacts_ldap/contacts/lib/backend/ldap.php#L329

Yes, it's still a work in progress. So the code is a not clean yet.
Although, concerning the connection to user_ldap, I would like to
implement it, but not make it mandatory.
It would be quite useful for example to use the same credentials if
possible (if same ldap server and same base dn for example), but it must
be also possible to connect to a different ldap.

> I am not aware of an attribute that simply provides categories or
> tags. You may want to have it configurable as the desired values can
> be taken from different attributes in different scenarios.

it is configurable, based on the xml config file, I just want to know
if, based on experience or standard, there would be a ldap attribute
that can be connected to the VCard categories ?

> Multiple searches do not work, because you cannot specify any Offset.
> What we do is to use Paged Results, which requires PHP >= 5.4 and the
> feature activitad on the LDAP server. Paged results basically enable
> you to do searches with Limits and Offsets, but you get and need to
> provide a cookie for this. The necessary methods are part of PHP
> since
> 5.4.

Thanks, I didn't know about that. I see it. I will take a look then,
thanks.

/Nicolas