[Owncloud] Kanban Board for ownCloud with github issues and huboard.com

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Oct 31 14:35:47 UTC 2012

On Wednesday 31 October 2012 14:08 Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:
> On 31.10.2012 13:37, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> >
> > - "I’ll write a Scenario for our BDD in Gherkin and post it as a comment."
> >
> >   Does this mean just as a comment to the issue?
>
> For starters, yes. We want to make it especially easy for the community
> to contribute scenarios and will commit them to the acceptance-testing
> <https://github.com/owncloud/acceptance-testing> branch manually.

That is probably a good idea while we are getting used to it :-)

> We can later write glue code that implements "I enter my valid
> credential" (called step-definitions
> <https://github.com/cucumber/cucumber/wiki/Step-Definitions>). The
> implementation will be reused in other Features, so we should gradually
> be able to describe a new feature in gherkin and have it automagically
> be tested.

Excellent.

> > - Pull requests are automatically added to the issues list, but you can't
> > assign labels to them (afaik?). For bug reports and enhancement requests
> > the workflow is - almost - clear to me, but where do we squeeze in pull
> > requests?
> You actually can assign labels to them when you select the checkbox of
> it in the github issue list view and then click the label button. The
> only problem is that you have to select all the labels you want to
> attach at once, because it will remove any that are not selected.

Ah, yes. I had only noticed it as a way of filtering.

> The "to review" label should be the perfect fit.

Got it :-) I'll write some extra unit tests and will see how the workflow
goes.

> > - huboard.com: I am reluctant to grant access to "Update your user
> > profile.
> > Update your public and private repositories (Commits, Issues, etc)"
> > without
> > any ToS or privacy policy available. At least I couldn't find any such
> > thing.
> Huboard uses these rights to push back label changes when you drag
> around an issue in the kanban board. You can read the code at
> https://github.com/rauhryan/huboard or even set up your own instance.
> For now, were happy with someonelse doing the hosting, but we might set
> up our own instance in the future.

I'm sure they won't do anything "bad", and of course it's nice having someone
else doing the hosting; it's more a matter of principle. When I see an app
wanting to update my user profile (?) I get a Facebooky feeling ;)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus