[Owncloud] Kanban Board for ownCloud with github issues and huboard.com

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Wed Oct 31 12:37:23 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 30 October 2012 23:30 Jörn Friedrich Dreyer wrote:
> It took me some time to write down all the stuff we decided at the
> developer meeting but I finally finished the documentation for the
> labels we choose to use on github: http://owncloud.org/dev/kanban-board/
>
> They are used to visualize a Kanban Board with http://huboard.com that
> allows everyone to literally see what we are working on and where he
> might help at a bottleneck.
>
> Please let me know what you think. This is not set in stone, so feel
> free to ask questions on anything that is unclear or that you think
> needs changing.

Wow, you've really put a lot of work into that, and it looks like a good
development process for ownCloud - now I just have to learn the lingo ;)

A few questions:

- "I’ll write a Scenario for our BDD in Gherkin and post it as a comment."
  Does this mean just as a comment to the issue? Could they be thought of as
pseudo-code, that should later be implemented as unit-tests?

- Pull requests are automatically added to the issues list, but you can't
assign labels to them (afaik?). For bug reports and enhancement requests the
workflow is - almost - clear to me, but where do we squeeze in pull requests?

- huboard.com: I am reluctant to grant access to "Update your user profile.
Update your public and private repositories (Commits, Issues, etc)" without
any ToS or privacy policy available. At least I couldn't find any such thing.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus