[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

Jan-Christoph Borchardt hey at jancborchardt.net
Mon Oct 29 23:38:59 UTC 2012

The simple problem here is that when we put it in Debian, once it’s
tested and all it will be outdated. It’s much better for people to
just get the latest release from the website, which has the latest
features and bugfixes. And it also keeps our sanity because we don’t
need to backport everything or manage issues for old versions.

As Georg said:

> Am 29.10.2012 um 19:11 schrieb Georg Ehrke:
> It's already in wheezy: http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/owncloud

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Patric Zimmermann
<Patric.Zimmermann at physik.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
> ...but sadly it's only the 4.0 release and not the 4.5.

And this is exactly the problem.