[Owncloud] Getting owncloud-client in Debian

Morten Juhl-Johansen Zölde-Fejer mjjzf at syntaktisk.dk
Tue Oct 30 05:41:23 UTC 2012

On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 00:38:59 +0100
Jan-Christoph Borchardt <hey at jancborchardt.net> wrote:

> The simple problem here is that when we put it in Debian, once it’s
> tested and all it will be outdated. It’s much better for people to
> just get the latest release from the website, which has the latest
> features and bugfixes. And it also keeps our sanity because we don’t
> need to backport everything or manage issues for old versions.

Debian maintains a solid core for this reason, but that also means that
it is problematic with something as fast-moving as OC.
It makes more sense in my book to either use the downloaded installer
approach or have a separate repository than putting it in something
that is meant to be frozen for a long time.

Ad astra,
Morten