[Owncloud] bugtracker situation

Mark Ziegler mark.ziegler at rakekniven.de
Tue Oct 23 17:37:26 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

read your discussion from today. Missed all others and different communication channels.

My statement: Please do not forget your users.
New selection (whatevers it is) should be easy to use, reliable and responding :-)
Myself is reading, writing and cleaning the forum for some weeks now. There have been so many
comments about bugtracking. It should be really easy to file a bug for a "normal" user without
any dev skillz.

My vote would go to Mantis. See http://www.mantisbt.org/ for details.
Straight php, different db backend. So you have full control.
Support multiple user levels, release management, scalable notification system, ldap auth and many more.
And yes, it is Open Source.
My company is using it for many years now. It is actively maintained and really straight.

But again, independent of your decision: "Please do not forget your users."

Cheers,
Mark