[Owncloud] bugtracker situation

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Tue Oct 23 15:14:14 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 23 October 2012 01:48:59 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> I´m sorry if the communication was not optimal.

Shit happens ;-)

> We discussed the usage of the github issues after the move to github a few
> weeks ago and most people seems to like it.

Looks like I missed that discussion :( but it's rather pointless to do it again
just for me ;-)

> There are a lot of pros and cons for every bugtracker. We discussed it
> several times and we want to go with the github issue tracker for now
> because of the nice integration with the code and the integration with the
> usermanagement.

I have no experience (yet) with github's issue tracker, but I've just checked it
out for owncloud/core and saw it supports assigning milestones to bugs.
So now you can just filter the (bugs) database to see which bugs need to be fixed
for a certain release.
I didn't particularly like the 'Excel-spreadsheet' list we had for 4.5, that
just indicated you're using the wrong software (or not using it properly).

Cheers,
  Diederik