[Owncloud] Encryption question

Martin Kollek mkollek at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 04:04:50 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone,

I have a question about the security.

I know there is an app in the settings where i can turn on Encryption but i
dont know what it does.

There are also SSL settings in the

Default-ssl files
000-default

How I think i was gonna set this up is to  enable https:// which I believe
I would include setting up self assigning certificates.

I dont have a VPN set up so I want to make sure I have everything as safe
as possible.

I have my owncloud set up on port 59852, and i know SSL is on port 443
would that be a problem?

Which files do i need to edit, etc? I can am including the files mentioned
above.

Also there are also some fields that have no description as to what to put
there such as "server admin, server name"
Whatever I put there will that now be able to be used to find my server

Please Help Me.