[Owncloud] ownCloud Client version 1.1.1 released

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Thu Oct 18 18:55:02 UTC 2012

Daniel Molkentin <danimo at ...> writes:
> Please keep in mind that you will need at least ownCloud 4.5.0 to be able to
use this version. The client will _not_ work with older ownCloud server
installations!

Will there be an upgraded client for ownCloud 4.0.8 servers, or will this
force everyone to upgrade?

What's the plan here?  4.0 was only in May, 3.0 in January... there were
challenges upgrading 3 to 4, as you know, and there are still quite a lot
of bugs being hunted down in 4.0 (I can't see how to search the bug genie
by version), yet 4.5 is already with us and some bugs found on 4.0 have had
replies asking users to try again on 4.5 with no mention whether replier has
tried 4.5 and thinks it's a fix or is just asking the user to do more testing.

Long story short: to be used more widely, I think there needs a longer-supported
release, easier upgrades, or ideally both.  A Bullet to Berlin? (Yes,
I know that's mixing two Harry Palmer films up...)

Puzzled,