[Owncloud] ownCloud Client version 1.1.1 released

Daniel Molkentin danimo at owncloud.com
Fri Oct 19 13:15:03 UTC 2012

On 18.10.2012, at 20:55, MJ Ray wrote:

> Daniel Molkentin <danimo at ...> writes:
>> Please keep in mind that you will need at least ownCloud 4.5.0 to be able to
> use this version. The client will _not_ work with older ownCloud server
> installations!
>
> Will there be an upgraded client for ownCloud 4.0.8 servers, or will this
> force everyone to upgrade?

Unless we find security issues, 1.0.5 was the last release for 4.0.x. I know that's not ideal, but supporting both sync methods is too much work for the amount of people that we are.

> Long story short: to be used more widely, I think there needs a longer-supported
> release, easier upgrades, or ideally both.  A Bullet to Berlin? (Yes,
> I know that's mixing two Harry Palmer films up...)

Ideally, there should be no more of such breakages. Realistically, we have to carefully balance the interest of the users with the developers' ability to deliver solid releases on all platforms when facing significant changes next time.

Daniel