[Owncloud] ownCloud on NAS

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Mon Oct 15 07:33:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

over the weekend I spent too much time trying to get an ancient ICY BOX
1000 to work. I changed the original firmware to the Tinky from
nas-2000.org and thought maybe I can get ownCloud to run it, because in
terms of performance and features the icy box seems fine for me.
  But probably its too old for ownCloud as it only has an old version of
thttpd

My question is: Has somebody a recommendation for a NAS device? I am
interested in the following characteristics:

- Low energy consumption !
- one IDE or SATA harddisk, RAID etc not needed
- open linux based system available with packages
- ability to do storage, but also things like svnserver or git
- ability to get ownCloud running
- Cheap.

Has anbody an idea what to use?

Thx,