[Owncloud] OC Client for Meego ???

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Oct 14 21:57:26 UTC 2012

On Sunday 14 October 2012 01:16 Patric Zimmermann wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> since I am still unable to use OC with my Nokia N9 (Meego Harmattan)
> properly I was wondering if anyone was thinking or even already working on
> a SyncClient (CalDav, CardDAV) for Meego?
>
> I am using C++/Qt for physical calculations, but I have no clue on how to
> get stuff like CalDAV or CardDAV working on a Device like the N9. Besides I
> don't have any time available for such a project until next year.
>
> How's the chance of seeing a proper OC-Client for Meego ???

I did a very quick read on meego/harmattan sync, and there are libraries for it, but
I didn't find any documentation for *DAV sync. For a quick solution syncevolution
for Harmattan [1] now has *DAV support thanks to Ove Kaaven, although only CLI AFAIK.
The configuration is almost identical to setting it up on the N900 as described in [2]
and [3].
But it would be very nice to have proper sync client. Maybe Jolla is working on that for
their new devices so it can be ported to Harmattan..?

[1] http://my-meego.com/software/applications.php?name=SyncEvolution&fldAuto=1819&faq=29
[2] http://tanghus.net/2012/01/syncing-your-n900-with-owncloud/
[3] http://tanghus.net/2012/07/syncing-your-n900-with-owncloud-an-update/

--