[Owncloud] Update and Upgrade procedure or 'how I upgraded to 4.5 (released version)'

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Thu Oct 11 13:14:47 UTC 2012

On Thursday 11 October 2012 14:56:34 Laubie wrote:
> Hi Diederik,

Hi Laubie,

Please keep owncloud at kde.org in the To/CC so everyone can follow along ;)

> you speak german? So i can describe better ;)

Nope, hardly. Together with French it cost me a year in high school :P

> I tried a lot, but nothing really helped. So i also killed the data and
> config folder and did a new installation.
>
> At the moment i try to copy the calendar-database to the new owncloud
> database.
> I hope it works for me.
>
> The syncing now is working.

Good to hear that on a new install it is working, but I'm rather reluctant to
try your 'work-around'.
I doubt it's supported and (mostly) since I don't know to copy data from one
database table into another database. How do you do it (and what database are
you using)?

> Am 11.10.2012 14:52, schrieb Diederik de Haas:
> > On Thursday 11 October 2012 14:32:05 Laubie wrote:
> >> i updatet my oC this morning too,
> >> i tried the upgrade-Procedure shown on the website. So i deleted all
> >> files except config and data and copied the new files in the folder.
> >> After changing the owner of the files, owncloud worked fine in
> >> webbrowser.
> >
> > Is your config folder a 'physical' folder, i.o.w. not a symlink?

How about this question? With 'physical' I meant a normal folder.

Cheers,
  Diederik