[Owncloud] Update and Upgrade procedure or 'how I upgraded to 4.5 (released version)'

Diederik de Haas didi.debian at cknow.org
Thu Oct 11 12:52:35 UTC 2012

On Thursday 11 October 2012 14:32:05 Laubie wrote:
> i updatet my oC this morning too,
> i tried the upgrade-Procedure shown on the website. So i deleted all
> files except config and data and copied the new files in the folder.
> After changing the owner of the files, owncloud worked fine in webbrowser.

Is your config folder a 'physical' folder, i.o.w. not a symlink?

> BUT: I can't connect through remote.php.
> owncloud does not accept loginname and password, so what can i do?

Since ownCloud isn't working for me now I can't answer that, but I'm very
interested in your case, since it's my primary use case for using ownCloud
(syncing calendars/contacts).
Due to another reason (oc-1621 is only partially fixed for me), I'll be
installing oc 4.0 again, so I won't be able to test your issue anytime soon.

Cheers,
  Diederik