[Owncloud] Update and Upgrade procedure or 'how I upgraded to 4.5 (released version)'

Laubie laubie at laubie.dyndns.tv
Thu Oct 11 13:24:58 UTC 2012

Hi Diederik,
i try answering in your Text,
Am 11.10.2012 15:14, schrieb Diederik de Haas:
>> I tried a lot, but nothing really helped. So i also killed the data and
>> config folder and did a new installation.
>>
>> At the moment i try to copy the calendar-database to the new owncloud
>> database.
>> I hope it works for me.
>>
>> The syncing now is working.
> Good to hear that on a new install it is working, but I'm rather reluctant to
> try your 'work-around'.
> I doubt it's supported and (mostly) since I don't know to copy data from one
> database table into another database. How do you do it (and what database are
> you using)?
I deleted all files in the owncloud-folder and installed a fresh copy of
oC4.5.
i had to choose a fresh user-name and database-name.

After that i took heidisql (in wine ;)) to copy the calendar- and
adressbook-files into the new database.
I had to change the calendarid in my the oc-calendar-objects-table cause
i added a second calendar in my first installation.

but now all is working fine.
>> Is your config folder a 'physical' folder, i.o.w. not a symlink?
yes, it's a physical folder.

Laubie