[Owncloud] Root sync instead of clientsync

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 09:49:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Luis Azevedo <luisazevedo69 at msn.com> wrote:
> Ok my goal is quite simple but I'm having trouble in getting it to work. I
> want to use ownCloud on my present company and for that I need the client to
> sync with the files on the root folder not the clientsync folder. It
> shouldn't even create the clientsync folder.
>
> For that I've downloaded the code, changed it, compiled and generated the
> install package.
>
> What I changed was only one line of code, in the file src/mirall/theme.cpp
> there is defaultServerFolder which instead of returning
> QLatinString("clientsync") now returns QLatinString("/").
>
> This works well on the client side, it synced with the root folder and
> didn't create the clientsync folder. The issue is with the web interface.
> I'm getting duplicated files although they aren't real duplicates. The file
> system is correct and the seems to only be in the MySQL database on the
> oc_fcache table. Hence the duplicates.
>
> I assume this is the one queried to list the files on the web app and I have
> "/user/file/file1.txt" and "/user/file//file1.txt". It's adding an extra "/"
> to the path and assumes it's a different file, while it's the same.
>
> Maybe this comes from the client trying to create a "/" folder on the server
> at setup time. Not sure though.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix the issue?

Hi Luis,

Rather than going into all this headache, have you tried deleting the
sync pair from the client, then deleting the clientsync folder from
the web interface and then creating a new sync pair, but this time
giving / as the destination folder in the server?

I just tried and it works. (Server 4.5, client 1.1.0 beta 3)
--
Emre